Friday 10 April 2020

I Count to B

B is for Brothers. I think of them every day. B is for Boys - my two sons: brilliant, bold, kind, funny, optimistic. B is for the Buns I am baking for breakfast (it's Good Friday, so they're Hot Cross, not Belgian) - kneading dough when there's no particular rush. B is for bulbs, for the hyacinths and daffodils blooming in two window boxes which Mike installed for me. I have compost with which I can work and plan, seeds germinating and growing on. B is for Board Games. B is for Bathroom and my new blue tiles. B is for Book - of course. For the one I'm working on, and the ones I'm reading. B is for Banoffee pie. For Beethoven. And B is for Bob, and Bill, blue tits I have anthropomorphised, who might also be Bert and Brian on some days. They visit my bird feeder, and if I sit in my blue chair, and am very still, I can watch them cracking seeds on the side of the feeder's perches. B is for Best Friend,  a London GP and isolating with the virus. She has described all the symptoms, they include annoyance. B is for brave. B is for better. B is for fit and well, hale and hearty, in the pink, tip top, fine fettle. B is for the camping we will be doing later this year, for risotto, Trangia stoves, Sauvignon Blanc, swims, and our Bicycles.  B is for Boudicca, and for Cleopatra.












2 comments:

  1. A lovely, heartwarming read on a cold and windy day. Thanks, Liz xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jarg? Urban slang? What I learn from your blog!!
    Learnt Jarl from The Times Scrabble the other day - great on the triple.
    Looking forward to seeing your rooftop garden in full (not jarg) bloom.
    J..L
    xx

    ReplyDelete